HOURS & INFO
423 S. 4th Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Room F1 (lower level of Bethlehem Church)
Monday-Saturday, 11am – 3pm
walk-ins for newspaper sales only
Groundcover News exists to create opportunity and a voice for low-income people while taking action to end homelessness and poverty.
Groundcover News, a 501(c)(3) organization, was founded in April, 2010 as a means to empower low-income persons to make the transitions from homeless to housed, and from jobless to employed. Street newspapers like Groundcover News exist in cities all over the United States, as well as in more than 40 other countries, in an effort to raise awareness of the plight of homeless and combat the increase in poverty. For more information, visit https://insp.ngo/
Groundcover News approaches all of our activities with the following principles. We believe:
- All people have the right to dignity.
- Diversity has intrinsic value.
- Poverty is political—systemic change is necessary.
- Building community is essential to social change.
- Political effectiveness requires staying power.
- Solutions to poverty must involve people who are directly affected.
- Risks are necessary to create positive change.
- Meeting people where they are honors their skills and potential.
- We are committed to quality, professionalism, and accountability in everything we do.
Take a look at some of the coverage of Groundcover News over the years from various local news outlets: